Shipping & Postage Details (Updated 14/04/19)
- All items are sent either via Royal Mail, UK Mail or DPD.
- In most cases - Royal Mail, UK Mail or DPD - a signature will be required, so please ensure someone is in to sign at the time of delivery (or a 'leave safe' instruction left).
- Want the fastest, most reliable service? Always select DPD for a fully-tracked 24hr-48hr service.
- We can't currently guarantee same-day despatch, but we aim to get all orders received before 2PM out the same day.
- Royal Mail deliver on Saturdays. DPD and UK Mail deliver Monday-Friday.
- Spend over £50 and all UK mainland addresses will receive FREE fully-tracked, standard, 1-2 day delivery with UK Mail* (exceptions and, potentially, excess charges apply for non UK-mainland/addresses in outlying territories/postcodes)
- Spend over £75 and all UK mainland addresses will receive FREE fully-tracked, premium next day delivery with DPD* (exceptions and, potentially, excess charges apply for non UK-mainland/addresses in outlying territories/postcodes)
- Delivery services as provided by Royal Mail are aims and not guaranteed (although should always arrive in 1-3 working days)
- Express delivery service offered by DPD is next day, and only in the very rarest of circumstances (outlying territories/postcodes and non UK-Mainland* addresses) will this delivery window not be met.
- We despatch Monday-Friday unless otherwise stated.
- Customer is responsible for ensuring full and accurate postcode and delivery details are provided; whilst we endeavour to scrutinise all labels going out, we cannot catch every oversight and cannot validate and verify every single address given, nor can we cover the costs incurred or compensate for resultant delivery delays (the courier charges us either way!!)
- We currently deliver to UK, Ireland, Gibraltar, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, Austria, Finland, Denmark, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Slovenia, Spain, Portugal, Canada and, selectively, to the USA.
As a guideline, our shipping price tables can be found below, and we have done our best to simplify these as much as possible for you guys.
UK Mainland Shipping Tables
|Service||Royal Mail Standard 1-3 Day/Tracked 2-3 Day|
|Delivery Aim||1-3 Days (inc. Saturdays)|
|SMS/Email Notifications||Yes (with Tracked)|
|Signature Required||Sometimes (with Tracked)|
|Prices (Order value based)|
|0 - £50.00||£3.99 / £4.50|
|£50.00 +||FREE (with upgrade to UK Mail / DPD available)|
|Service||UK Mail/DHL Parcel 24/48|
|Delivery Aim||1-2 Days (Mon-Fri)|
|Prices (Order value based)|
|0 - £50.00||£4.99|
|Service||DPD Next Working Day|
|Delivery Aim||Next Working Day (excl. weekends) following despatch|
|Prices (Order value based)|
|0 - £50||£5.99|
|£50 - £74.99||£3.99|
We currently despatch orders via:
- Royal Mail 1st Class (Delivery aim: 1-3 working days, inc. Saturdays)
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 (Delivery aim: 2-3 working days, inc. Saturdays)
- UK Mail Parcel 48 (Delivery aim: 1-2 working days - excl.weekends)
- DPD Global Express Parcels (Next working day - excl. weekends)
- Premium Saturday Delivery is available via DPD for an extra fee (FREE at £150, discounted from £50)
We are delighted to be able to offer you FREE SHIPPING to all UK Mainland addresses via UK Mail/DHL (1-2 day delivery aim) on all orders over £50.00 (inc. VAT & discounts)! DPD (1 day delivery aim) to the UK Mainland is FREE at £75.00 (inc. VAT & discount)
Please bear in mind that the delivery estimates provided by Royal Mail, are not guaranteed. Our Royal Mail parcels should always arrive 1-3 days following despatch but these figures are aims and, whilst unlikely, may be subject to unforseen delays.
At the present time we cannot consider Royal Mail parcels 'delayed' or 'misplaced' until 5-7 working days have past since leaving our hands.
You are responsible for ensuring full and accurate postcode and delivery details are provided; whilst we endeavour to scrutinise all labels going out, we cannot catch every oversight and cannot validate and verify every single address given, nor can we cover the costs incurred or compensate for resultant delivery delays (the courier charges us either way!!)
So how does this all work? Gimme some details!
We will endeavour to despatch goods as promptly as possible; we cannot currently guarantee same day, but all orders received before 2PM (Monday - Friday) will nearly always be shipped that day.
The delivery time-frame and the cost specific to your order is quoted within the order confirmation page once you submit your delivery location. This is due to the fact that we can only calculate the estimated delivery to you once we know your exact order value and weight, and your delivery location.
We undertake to inform you of any subsequent change to the delivery time within 48 hours of receiving your order.
In most cases we prefer to utilise DPD for an express, insured delivery. All shipping charges are calculated based on weight and the delivery address. All charges are quoted before you enter your payment details in the checkout area. Only in exceptional circumstances - outlying, non UK-mainland and remote postcodes - will we need to revise a postage charge. This is due to the hefty excess fees in despatching to these regions (as per our courier's definition of 'Non UK Mainland' - Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands & Islands, Jersey and Guerney).
All shipping options are fully tracked EXCEPT for Royal Mail Standard 1st Class Parcel/Large Letter services. Our tracked 24 hour service as provided by DPD includes both SMS and Email progress updates for complete peace of mind. Our Tracked 24/48 Royal Mail services include SMS/email notifications on the day.
Please note that the couriers and delivery services we use deliver during the working day. You may find it easier to give a work address if it is unlikely that anyone will be in to sign for your order, or you may leave a 'if out, leave in safe place' request in the order comments. For heavy or bulky items we reserve the right to charge a redelivery fee if the customer is not there to collect the goods as arranged.
Most deliveries will arrive during the working week, but Royal Mail do occasionally deliver on Saturdays. If this would be unsuitable, please let us know via Order Comments and we will do our best to time your despatch to avoid delivery on the weekend.
Fully tracked express courier delivery (DPD) will always be our preference, particularly around high-volume mailing periods like Christmas, so we have done our best to subsidise courier delivery costs where possible (based on order value).
So how do I know how much i'll have to pay?
Fortunately, we can give you a bit of a heads-up on this before you go through Checkout!
Please find our Shipping price tables below and, if you want to double-check what you're looking at based on the current items you've chosen before going through Checkout...you can! Just load up your goodies into your 'bag' and visit our Cart page, you can hit the button at the bottom titled 'Estimate Shipping Now'. A form will appear, and just tap in your postcode and county and hit the button...you'll get a list of the available options for the contents of your 'bag' right away!
What do you mean by 'UK Mainland'?
Whilst Royal Mail do not factor delivery distance into their rates, our Express courier (DPD) does. This is simply down to the fact that they will not compromise their fast and reliable delivery commitment, and they need to do alot of logistical-wizardry to follow through on this across the entirety of the UK. Unfortuntely, this premium service comes at a cost.
Shipping rates quoted below are for 'UK Mainland' deliveries and, for the purposes of DPD's definition, 'Mainland' consists of England, southern Scotland (excludes Highlands & Islands) and Wales, whilst Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands & Islands, Jersey and Guernsey are not considered part of the UK 'Mainland', and the rates below will not apply.
We regret this is the situation and, for you guys living in outlying/remote territories, we have negotiated better rates on larger/heavier parcels with Royal Mail, and we are delighted to be able to offer you delivery up 2kg at some pretty reasonable prices! The compromise here will be on time as Royal Mail (even 1st Class) will very likely slip to a 3-5 day service. If delivery speed is of the essense, DPD will always be the quickest, most reliable option (albeit at a higher price).
For the relevant, most up-to-date shipping costs to your own home postcode, please see the delivery costs quoted during our Checkout process, or as shown in our delivery estimator on our Cart page.
* Regrettably, Free Next Day/2 delivery with DPD/UK Mail is only available to UK Mainland addresses.